Do you want to make a difference? If so, then ECPI University may be the place for you. We are seeking professionals with the experience and knowledge to help transform the lives of our students.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
The Associate Director, BSN Program is responsible for contributing to the overall development, management, supervision, and evaluation of the BSN Program. This includes supervision of faculty and students. The position is a full-time position with travel between campuses. The Associate Director has a teaching assignment, and may fill in for faculty during absences or staffing shortages. The Associate Director serves as the Director in her/his absence.
• Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the systematic program evaluation plan.
• Assists the Director in communication and documentation for programmatic accreditation.
• Assists the Director in the self-study and preparations for the site visit.
• Maintains programmatic accreditation standards across the program.
• Provides evaluation data to the systematic program evaluation plan annually.
Faculty & Teaching:
• Interviews and recommends qualified applicants for positions on the nursing faculty.
• Orients and mentors new faculty.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates online and hybrid classroom teaching and instructional materials.
• Maintains all course materials in an organized manner in the designated system.
• Provides evaluation and feedback to the program on course materials, current changes in practice, standards of practice, and student accomplishment of course and program outcomes.
• Attends educational programs to improve the program, and online and classroom teaching skills, course materials, and methods of evaluating student learning, and certification.
• Identifies clinical sites for preceptorships and initiates the contract process for the program.
• Recommends revisions and updates for the College Catalog.
• Demonstrates evidence-based teaching.
• Participates in academic advisement, selection, and advisement of students.
• Participates at graduation and pinning ceremonies.
• Approaches teaching and learning from a coaching-mentoring paradigm where nonpunitive feedback is encouraged for faculty and students.
• Objectively evaluates student success and reports progress in recruitment, retention, graduation rates through the program evaluation committee as chair of the program evaluation committee.
• Implements and evaluates the mission, philosophy, program outcomes, course outcomes, and systematic evaluation plan on a regular basis.
• Provides input into development and administration of the program’s budget.
• Provides opportunities for faculty evaluation of the curriculum, teaching, and program effectiveness.
• Evaluates and revises the curriculum as recommended by the curriculum committee.
• Participates in and evaluates student admissions process, progression, retention, and graduation policies.
• Documents data-based decisions in faculty and committee meetings.
• Maintains and submits C.V. annual faculty report on time.
• Maintains and upholds the policies and procedures of the MSN Program and College of Nursing.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Maintains current practice expertise in the area of specialty.
• Contributes toward professional growth through workshops, conferences, cross-training, faculty meetings, professional memberships, maintaining certifications and licensure.
• Coordinates and/or participates in special projects as required.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet.