Do you want to make a difference? If so, then ECPI University may be the place for you. We are seeking professionals with the experience and knowledge to help transform the lives of our students.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
The Campus Librarian independently manages the daily operations of the campus library including reference, library instruction and circulation. Campus Librarians work closely with faculty and students providing library instruction and support services in a technology focused environment.
• Train, supervise and evaluate library staff and student workers.
• Assess, develop and maintain the campus library collection.
• Catalog and classify new library resources.
• Maintain and report campus library usage statistics.
• Provide instruction and support for library users in all areas of the library, including print collections, electronic resources and library services.
• Chair the campus library committee; partner with faculty to develop and improve library services, instruction, and collection development.
• Promote library services to students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
• Other duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program.
• At least 3 years of library experience, preferably in an academic library environment.
• Knowledge of library automation systems and Microsoft computer applications
• Knowledge of MARC record management, Dewey Decimal Classification
• Proficiency with online library catalogs and library databases (including Gale, Ebsco, and ProQuest products)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to organize and prioritize work flow
• Enjoy helping others
• Excellent customer service skills
• Familiarity with MS Office
• Detail oriented
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• A focus on students and academic excellence
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.