Do you want to make a difference? If so, then ECPI University may be the place for you. We are seeking professionals with the experience and knowledge to help transform the lives of our students.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
The Director of Faculty Development serves a vital role within Academic Affairs. The Director is responsible for delivery of meaningful competency-based faculty development programs, including onboarding, recognition, reward, and talent development. The Director determines and delivers appropriate support, training, resources, and programs to promote excellent teaching and success in learning. The Director also chairs the QEP (Quality Enhancement Plan) Implementation Team and leads its activities. The Director manages all aspects of faculty development including scheduling programs, tracking and reporting progress, and assuring that program goals are achieved. The Director reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
• Provides leadership designing, implementing, and assessing a comprehensive program for faculty development.
• Promotes a culture of lifelong learning and continuous professional development.
• Organizes faculty development events and opportunities which may include workshops, seminars, and conferences.
• Develops and manages the academic aspects of onboarding new faculty.
• Works with faculty to enhance instructional effectiveness through appropriate pedagogy, curriculum design, and student learning assessment. Offers meaningful and innovative faculty and staff development opportunities, using online and multi-media modalities, from in-house and external content providers.
• Trains faculty on matters related to course changes, updates and development.
• Coordinates training and logistical needs related to curriculum and faculty development in the program areas from an academic perspective.
• Collects, tracks, analyzes, and reports metrics to assess effectiveness of faculty and staff development opportunities. Assures that faculty and staff development records in UltiPro are accurate and current.
• Manages all QEP-related project activities to fruition on schedule and within budget.
• Contributes to the preparation of reports necessary for continued accreditation, including the SACSCOC QEP Impact Report.
• Serves as chair of the QEP Implementation Team.
• Participates in the IE process.
• An earned doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution is preferred. Master's degree required.
• Management experience with complex projects involving multiple stakeholders.
• At least five years of combined experience in a teaching or administrative role in a college or university.
• Experience with SACSCOC or other regional accrediting body preferred.
• Curriculum, program development and/or instructional design background preferred.
• Ability to motivate direct and indirect reports to achieve program goals.
• Leadership skills including the ability to manage projects at a distance in an academic organization.
• Demonstrated experience with academic planning and program development.
• Demonstrated experience with learning management systems (Moodle preferred).
• Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills with a detail orientation.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Motivated, self-starter and ability to work independently.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• A focus on students and academic excellence
• Small class sizes
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An adult-focused accelerated schedule
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet.