ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
Our School of Health Science at ECPI University is currently seeking a leader in the Occupational Therapy profession to oversee our occupational therapy assistant program.
• Coordinate the development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of the occupational therapy assistant program curriculum
• Supervise and evaluate program faculty
• Hire new faculty
• Classroom instruction
• Prepare reports necessary for continued approval or accreditation of program
• Evaluate textbooks, reference books and other teaching materials
• Conduct faculty meetings, and commitment to strategies for professional development.
• Responsibilities related to student advisement
• Fieldwork administration or supervision, committee work, program planning
• Demonstrate understanding of and experience with occupational therapy assistants.
• Document policies and procedures to ensure that the current code of ethics of the profession of occupational therapy is adhered to.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Must be an initially certified occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant who is licensed or credentialed according to regulations of the state of Virginia. The program director must hold a minimum of a master’s degree in the field or related field.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of occupational therapy, including practice as an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant, administrative or supervisory experience, and at least 1 year of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities.
• Must possess the academic and experiential qualifications and background that are necessary to meet program objectives and the mission of the university.
• Proficiency in curriculum development
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• A focus on students and academic excellence
• Small class sizes
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An adult-focused accelerated schedule
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet.