ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
Medical Careers Institute is the College of Health Sciences at ECPI University; a premier provider of educational programs for the healthcare industry.
• Providing Simulation Lab instruction including demonstrations, laboratory sessions, testing, attendance, simulation lab discipline, safety and security.
• Developing and implementing high quality learning and assessment simulations.
• Evaluating the effectiveness of simulations as educational and assessment tools.
• Coordinating preparation of simulators and other equipment /props for conducting simulation.
• Facilitating simulation scenario and student participation with debriefing sessions.
• Training simulation users in simulation activities, operation of patient simulators, audio-visual equipment, and their maintenance.
• Maintaining and updating course curricula to include simulation scenarios and training.
• Assisting in the development of new curricula that is supported by simulation activities.
• Preparing and utilizing lesson plans and coordinating congruency between the classroom and the simulation learning environment.
• Coordinating maintenance of patient simulators, part-task trainers, and virtual equipment.
• Conducting student evaluations and advising related to simulation lab.
• Assisting in the formulation of program philosophy, objectives, and policy.
• Contributing toward professional growth through in-service workshops, cross training, and teachers' meetings.
• Providing administrative support as required
• Assisting with instruction in Nursing Programs when available.
• Must be a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
• Associates degree in Nursing required; Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
• Minimum of five years recent patient-side experience required.
• Prior teaching experience preferred.
• Strong academic and professional record
• Strong active-learning skills for effective instruction
• Experience in a student-centric and hands-on learning environment
• The highest levels of integrity at all times
• Orientation toward results
• Exemplary interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
What does Medical Careers Institute have to offer?
• Professional work environment
• Student centered, hands-on learning environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer