The Career Services Representative works closely with ECPI’s recent graduates, alumni and students to optimize their opportunities. Career Services Representatives provide career planning assistance to students and graduates to include training on interviewing skills, resume preparation and job search strategies. In addition to sourcing employment opportunities for graduates via campus recruiting, personal visits/phone calls to employers, events and direct referrals, Career Services Representatives actively seek and develop business partnerships with employers to establish an employment pipeline for ECPI students and graduates.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
• Provides one-on-one coaching to ECPI graduates in all aspects of their job search initiatives including personal marketing, interview skills and resume writing.
• Participates and provides support in student focused Career Services events and seminars.
• Interviews students and graduates to assist in strategizing for their professional job search.
• Provides excellent customer service to students, graduates and employers.
• Maintains student information files in accordance with all school and company policies and procedures, all applicable federal, state regulations and all accrediting agencies standards and requirements.
• Initiates, develops and manages business partnerships with employers to establish career opportunity leads and networking opportunities for ECPI University recent graduates, alumni and current students.
• Actively and routinely seeks employer feedback and researches industry trends; builds and maintains strong relationships.
• Assists employers in the prescreening process and coordination of interviews.
• Coordinates employer visits, on-campus recruiting events, job fairs, networking events and career development workshops.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
• Experience working with international students and graduates a plus
• 2-3 years of related experience- recruiting, staffing, business to business sales, career coaching.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training.
• Must be self-motivated, goal oriented and have a sense of urgency.
• Strong internet search and networking skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to handle a high pressure environment with significant timeline pressures.
• Ability to work independently and with a team as well as with various constituents.
• Desire to help others be successful in finding employment.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
• Ability to serve as a role model for students and graduates.
• Ability to coach and provide guidance to students and graduates.
• Excellent customer service skills; to include the ability to effectively follow up and follow through.
• Ability to conduct business with attention to ethical considerations, University policies and procedures, employment law and accreditation guidelines.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• A focus on students and academic excellence
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.