ECPI University is seeking a Software Developer with understanding of applications development. Design and maintain internal programs and ensure that they are visually effective, accessible and easy to use. Translate non-technical business requirements into dynamic, functional applications.
• Analyze requirements, define tasks, and scope effort.
• Ensure that requirements and development are aligned with business logic and customer needs.
• Design, build, troubleshoot, and maintain applications built.
• Develop web applications, including markup and code, for the web and mobile web.
• Participate in developing best practices to maintain and improve platforms/applications.
• Document code, and create technical specifications.
• Develop solutions for adapting content and presentation to mobile devices and browsers.
• Quality assurance testing upgrades, patches and new releases.
• Research new technology, tools, and approaches.
• Continually learn new technologies and techniques that support evolving needs.
• Demonstrated ability to work under tight time constraints with dynamic requirements.
• Accepts ownership and is accountable for learning design, development and implementation.
• Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
• Excellent organizational/time management, planning and prioritization skills.
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Four-year college degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Software, Engineering, Business or other relevant combination of training and comparable work experience.
• Knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts.
• Experience with commonly used programming Design concepts, practices and procedures.
• Advanced user of modern IDEs, Microsoft Visual Studio knowledge a plus.
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
• Knowledge of Microsoft .Net Programming.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Do you want to make a difference? If so, then ECPI University may be the place for you. We are seeking professionals with the experience and knowledge to help transform the lives of our students.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• A focus on students and academic excellence
• Small class sizes
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An adult-focused accelerated schedule
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet.