The Social Media Specialist will work with the Interactive Marketing Manager to develop and lead the social media strategy as part of ECPI University's overall efforts to enhance brand engagement, awareness and loyalty through various social media channels. Additionally, the Social Media Specialist will oversee all aspects of social media content, including writing and editing social media posts, audience engagement, social media campaigns and event promotion, and will collaborate with partners across ECPI University campuses to develop content and plans that are consistent with the University's voice, brand, and identity.
• Leverage tools, including Google Analytics, to monitor, report and act on performance metrics
• Execute a social media strategy for ECPI University (and subsequent brands) that enhances the brand, increases visibility and deepens relationships and engagement with key audiences
• Report weekly on social media growth and engagement through data collection and reports
• Manage brand and identity positioning across all social media channels globally including, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
• Evaluate and employ analytical tools, such as Hootsuite Pro, Facebook Insights, Radian6, Sprout Social, etc. to enhance and grow the University social media presence
• Manage and create daily social media content and update weekly content calendar for all social channels
• Monitor all social media content, respond as necessary and moderate discussions, as needed in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining the University voice
• Research and evaluate new platforms, drive innovation in development of new tactics, stay abreast of trends, and make recommendations to the management team on our presence in new mediums/channels
• Build and maintain relationships with external constituents and appropriate social media influencers
• Explore ways for digital interaction to build conversations that contribute to the academic and strategic goals of the University
• Serve as a social media advisor and point of contact for communicators across multiple campuses
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in communications and/or marketing positions, with demonstrated success developing social media strategies and quantifying success required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field preferred
• Experience in Higher Education vertical is preferred
• Google Analytics experience
• Proven professional experience managing multiple social media sites and communities for higher education, business, political or other clients with measurable success required
• Understanding of ECPI University’s distinctive culture and mission preferred
• Experience with video editing and multimedia preferred
• Strong writing and editing skills required - must show flexibility in writing styles, including professional voice and creative approach to social media content required
• Ability to measure reach and engagement using analytic/reporting tools in order to develop best practices, create strategic plans and guide communications projects required
• High attention to detail required
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines required
• Excellent interpersonal skills required; ability to work independently and as a part of a team required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• A focus on students and academic excellence
• Small class sizes
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An adult-focused accelerated schedule
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.