The Director of Nursing for the Registered Nursing (RN) program is responsible for the administration, planning, implementation and evaluation of the RN program. This includes supervision of faculty and students. The position is a full-time position. The individual reports to the Campus President, and coordinates with the Associate Dean of the School of Health Science regarding licensed practical nursing policies and practices. The Director does not have a teaching assignment but may fill in for faculty during absences or staffing shortages.
• Interview and select nursing faculty who are qualified and contribute to the program and student outcomes.
• Supervise and evaluate program faculty including in-class reviews of each instructor.
• Provide evaluation and feedback to the program on course materials, current changes in practice, standards of practice, and student accomplishment of course and program outcomes.
• Leadership within the faculty for the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of the RN program curriculum plan and course content in accordance with program standards and student and University needs.
• Oversee the admission, academic progression and graduation of students.
• Coordinate with Vice President for all correspondence between the Board of Nursing and other accrediting bodies.
• Evaluate student progress and competency based on program philosophy and objectives.
• Prepare reports necessary for continued approval or accreditation of the RN program.
• Evaluate and recommend textbooks, reference books and other teaching materials.
• Orient new faculty to policies and procedures of the University and the RN department. Plan and lead program Advisory Board meetings.
• Seek new clinical agencies/facilities as needed to provide quality experiences for students and support program growth.
• Assist faculty by providing evaluation devices of student learning and clinical experience to measure progress and competency based on program philosophy and objectives.
• Schedule visits to clinical sites to observe faculty and students at work.
• Act as liaison with Associate Dean of the School of Health Science for program policies and practices, central administration and other units of the parent institution.
• Maintain relationships with central administration, other program administrators, clinical agencies, and the appropriate agencies as required.
• Direct activities of the faculty to insure educational continuity.
• Create and maintain an environment conducive to teaching and learning.
• Participate in academic advisement and counseling of students.
• Provide opportunities for student and graduate evaluation of curriculum, teaching and program effectiveness.
• Develop, implement, and evaluate the mission, philosophy, program objectives, program outcomes, course outcomes, and systematic evaluation plan on a regular basis.
• All other duties as assigned.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• A focus on students and academic excellence
• Small class sizes
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An adult-focused accelerated schedule
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet.