We are currently seeking a dynamic Human Resources Generalist to join our HR team in Virginia Beach, VA. The HR Generalist will provide HR process, consultative and problem solving support to employees and campus leadership on a daily basis.
• Administers a variety of human resources programs and functions including employee relations, FMLA, tuition reimbursement, open enrollment & benefit changes, worker’s compensation claims, job classification reviews, performance reviews, recruiting, onboarding and exit processes.
• Maintains records and employee e-files; completing required employee changes in a timely and accurate manner.
• Handles employee relations issues while maintaining confidentiality and observing ethical and professional standards.
Education: Bachelor’s degree is required.
Licensure: PHR certification desirable.
Relevant Work Experience: At least 3 years of full scope human resources generalist experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to handle multiple projects, shifting priorities and deadline pressures effectively
• HR Information Systems experience required; UltiPro preferred.
Do you want to make a difference? If so, then ECPI University may be the place for you. We are seeking professionals with the experience and knowledge to help transform the lives of our students.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• A focus on students and academic excellence
• Small class sizes
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An adult-focused accelerated schedule
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.