Are you upbeat, energetic, and passionate about the hospitality industry? Do you enjoy helping to transform the lives of others by listening, learning, and sharing your knowledge? If so, joining Culinary Institute of Virginia’s team of staff and faculty may be the opportunity you’ve been preparing for all along!
Culinary Institute of Virginia (CIV), The College of Culinary Arts of ECPI University, offers degrees designed to help prepare graduates to become responsible, respected, and valuable members of the hospitality workforce. Programs offered, including Culinary Arts, Baking and Pastry Arts, Culinary Nutrition, and Food Service Management, reflect the dynamism and diversity of the food service industry.
Faculty members are responsible for delivering quality, student-centered, hands-on, active instruction in order to prepare our students for success.
• Provide practical hands-on instruction to create an engaging learning environment.
• Employ instructional technology and active learning approaches in order to enhance the learning experience and achieve learning outcomes.
• Evaluate student academic performance using a variety of assessments and techniques.
• Participate in scheduled University activities.
• Stay current in subject matter through professional development.
• All other duties assigned.
• Associate's degree in Culinary Arts or Baking and Pastry Arts required, Bachelor's degree in Hospitality preferred
• 2- 3 years of industry experience
• Teaching experience preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Ability to work with a variety of learning styles and skill levels
• Strong time management skills and detail-orientation
• Working knowledge of computer applications and the ability to quickly learn new computer software
• Experience with distance learning or learning management systems (LMS) preferred
What does the Culinary Institute of Virginia have to offer?
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
CIV is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.