The Director of Clinical Education is responsible for the planning, implementation, and renewal of affiliation agreements with all agencies supporting clinical experiences for students.
The Director of Clinical Education is responsible for communicating the clinical site requirements to the Directors of Nursing (DON) to include required faculty orientation, facility documentation required and number of students allowed on site.
The Director of Clinical Education will function as the liaison for the University. This responsibility includes frequent contact with the education coordinators and site supervisors at the clinical facility.
The Director of Clinical Education will ensure that Federal, State and Accrediting agencies’ regulations are met in the clinical practice area by all faculty and students.
• Increase and maintain clinical affiliation agreements to support program enrollment and clinical objectives.
• Support the nursing departments to achieve graduation rates.
• Assist the DONs to monitor and assess quarterly NCLEX passage rates published by the National Council Licensure Examination organization to achieve a targeted rate of 90% or greater pass rate.
Educational Delivery, Content, Accreditation, and Licensure
• Facilitates the student’s clinical experience.
• Work cohesively with the DONs to maintain program documentation to include clinical experiences for the students that align with clinical objectives for each course.
• Serve as a liaison in the clinical area and works closely with the Director of Nursing/faculty to resolve student issues.
• Develop and implement a process for clinical site contracting that ensures successful and long-term working relationships with facilities.
• Evaluate all clinical sites initially for availability of and appropriateness for student clinical experiences.
• Develop relationships, secure contracts and act as a liaison to the hospitals, home health agencies, skilled and intermediate care nursing facilities, adult day care, and child day care sites.
• Evaluate all clinical sites currently utilized each term and as needed to ensure positive relationships.
• Is knowledgeable of each facility’s orientation process, policies and procedures.
• Conduct scheduled and unscheduled clinical visits on weekdays, evenings and weekends at clinical sites for evaluation of clinical site, patient care assignments, and adherence to policies and procedures.
• Assist DONs with evaluating faculty/students on rotation.
• Is knowledgeable about University policies and procedures.
• Meet weekly with the DONs and Campus President to plan for clinical site needs.
• Demonstrate professionalism at all times.
• Accept other assigned duties as necessary.
• Supervise/oversee the maintenance of clinical documentation to demonstrate delivery of clinical hours.
• Assists with and attends graduation ceremony
• Review student policies and handbook for appropriateness and make recommendations to the DONs as needed.
• Make recommendations to the Directors of Nursing for items to include in the budget.
• Maintain professional qualifications through participation in continuing education programs and academic courses.
Do you want to make a difference? If so, then ECPI University may be the place for you. We are seeking professionals with the experience and knowledge to help transform the lives of our students.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.