The Campus Director of Academic Affairs is responsible for delivering quality student-centered, hands-on (active) learning. As the leader for Academic Affairs at the campus level, this role is central to the University’s mission and is directly accountable for student learning and success. The Campus Director of Academic Affairs is responsible for maintaining high levels of academic quality and student satisfaction in order to retain and successfully graduate students, while operating in compliance with University policies and procedures as well as all state, federal and accrediting agency regulations.
• Oversee the implementation of academic policies/processes established by the Vice President of Academic Affairs, ensuring quality of education and efficiency of delivery.
• Maintain high levels of student satisfaction and success as measured by student outcomes (assessment, certifications, retention, time to completion, graduation.)
• Ensure all academic functions provide excellent student customer service (as measured by the SCEQ.)
• Monitor attendance and coordinate appropriate student follow up.
• Monitor and ensure appropriate use of Contact Manager.
• Monitor grade distribution and follow up with faculty as appropriate.
• Maintain and oversee all aspects of academic affairs at the campus.
• Manage and lead program directors and department heads.
• Oversee course scheduling with University administration to ensure efficient use of faculty, rooms and equipment.
• Ensure availability of adequate resources to faculty and students including classrooms, labs, books, materials and equipment and technology to support student learning.
• Ensure compliance with University policies, procedures and catalog to support student learning.
• Ensure compliance with accrediting bodies, state and federal agencies.
• Submit reports on a timely basis.
• Ensure all faculty members are appropriately credentialed to teach assigned courses.
• Provide input for academic program planning and budgetary requirements to the Campus President, ensuring faculty have input into the process.
• Assist Career Services in conducting semi-annual advisory boards in accordance with University policy.
• Ensure assessment of the academic programs is occurring and provides input for changes to the Curriculum Committee and Vice President of Academic Affairs.
• Ensure broad-based faculty participation in curriculum development.
• Follow the established academic operational term schedule.
• Monitor and implement appropriate actions based on measures such as mid-term grades and student satisfactory academic progress.
• Identify and interview faculty candidates; work with the Campus President to hire new faculty.
• Orient new faculty to University policies and procedures.
• Perform regular classroom observations to ensure faculty members are incorporating active learning techniques into their daily lessons.
• Develop professional development plans for all faculty utilizing appropriate University resources.
• Conduct annual performance evaluations on all faculty members.
• Ensure compliance with the Faculty Workload Policy to include securing approval for any course overload prior to term start.
• Maintain an appropriate faculty to ensure academic quality.
• Ensure faculty members utilize University resources such as Moodle and incorporate the appropriate technology into the classroom.
• Conduct regularly scheduled academic meetings, in-service training and professional development seminars.
• Ensure that faculty members comply with all academic policies and procedures.
• Develop positive relationships and a sense of community among the students.
• Ensure campus compliance with the co-curricular policy.
• Deliver new student orientation in conjunction with other campus functions.
• Ensure that all Academic and Judicial Review Boards are conducted in a timely manner in accordance with University policy.
• Oversee the library/learning resource center to ensure its effectiveness in support of student learning.
• Regularly coordinate/collaborate with ancillary services such as student records and student success.
• Participate in local community events to raise the awareness, visibility and stature of the University.
• Join local organizations that are curriculum or education related (e.g. professional, programmatic or state level organizations.)
• Identify opportunities for articulation agreements and builds relationships with other schools in the local community.
• Ensure all necessary data related to the assessment of student learning are captured at the campus (e.g. assessment, certification data and/or other information supporting Institutional Effectiveness plans.)
• Participate in scheduled meetings and other events.
• Prepare reports and provides input into education policies and procedures.
• Collaborate with University colleagues in Academic Affairs including CDAAs at other campuses.
• Collaborate in the development and ongoing improvement of curriculum.
• Serve on University-level committees.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution required; Masters or terminal degree (Ph.D., Ed.D., etc.) from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
• Five years (required) ten years (preferred) combined experience in a teaching and/or administrative role in a college or university, or related experience.
• Experience in a private sector (for-profit) college a plus.
• Experience in a multi-campus, hands-on learning environment.
• Successful experience with regional accreditation and professional/industry accreditation associated with technology, business, and healthcare programs is highly desirable.
• Strong record of academic and professional leadership
• The highest levels of integrity at all times
• Exemplary interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
• Orientation toward results
• Strong team building skills and open communication leading with hands-on management
Do you want to make a difference? If so, then ECPI University may be the place for you. We are seeking professionals with the experience and knowledge to help transform the lives of our students.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• A focus on students and academic excellence
• Small class sizes
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An adult-focused accelerated schedule
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet.