This is a production position. We are looking for a hard-working, career-minded person who is as excited about content marketing as we are! We need an experienced person who understands inbound/content marketing strategies and who not only knows how to create great content, but also knows how to leverage social media platforms to share and distribute that content. This unique position requires a person who understands the essential parts of successful content/inbound marketing campaigns and can make a difference in a fast paced, high energy environment.
Reporting to the Director of Web Services, this position will be responsible for content development, optimization and marketing that increases traffic, engagement and inquiry flow. They will also be adding content to, updating content on and optimizing content on the existing ECPI University website.
• WEBSITE MAINTENANCE – Responsible for content/copy updates on various forward facing web properties on various CMS and web development platforms.
• CONTENT CREATION – Create, edit, publish and promote all blogging and downloadable content creation operations and initiatives.
• SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION – Design, propose and implement SEO strategy and best practices to maximize the digital footprint of the University in all search engines.
• SOCIAL MEDIA – Leverage existing social media platforms to maximize exposure and engagement for the content created, work closely with the Social Media Coordinator to ensure brand messaging, engagement and growth of the online community.
• ANALYTICS & REPORTING – Report website performance metrics including traffic flow, engagement, inquiry flow, bounce rate, content performance and other KPI’s as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field (will consider equivalent work experience)
• 2-3 years of marketing and content creation experience
• Experience with Hubspot philosophy
• Experience managing professional (non-personal) social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
• Inbound Marketing experience.
• An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize strategy and tactics.
• Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our university and our audience.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.