Responsibilities - Students:
• Oversee the admission, academic progression and graduation of students.
• Evaluate student progress and competency based on Registered Nursing Program philosophy and objectives.
• Schedule visits to clinical sites to observe faculty and students at work.
• Create and maintain an environment conducive to learning.
• Participate in the academic advisement and counseling of students.
• Provide opportunities for student and graduate evaluation of curriculum, teaching and program effectiveness.
Responsibilities - Faculty:
• Interview and select nursing faculty who are qualified and contribute to the Program and student outcomes.
• Supervise and evaluate program faculty including in-class reviews of each instructor.
• Provide leadership within the faculty for the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of the Registered Nursing Program curriculum plan and course content in accordance with program standards and student/University needs.
• Orient new faculty to the policies and procedures of the University and Registered Nursing Program.
Responsibilities - Program:
• Provide evaluation and feedback to the program on course materials, current changes in practice, standards of practice, and student accomplishment of course and program outcomes.
• Prepare reports necessary for continued approval or accreditation of the Registered Nursing Program.
• Plan and lead Program Advisory Board meetings.
• Seek new clinical agencies/facilities as needed to provide quality experiences for students and support program growth.
• Plan capping and pinning ceremonies and attend graduation and other University/Campus events.
Responsibilities – Professional Development:
• Maintains professional qualifications through participation in continuing education programs and academic courses.
• Encourages professional development of staff and faculty through participation in continuing education programs and academic courses.