The Director of the Professional Development Center (Director) is responsible for the development, coordination, implementation and administration of all continuing education programs offered by ECPI University’s Virginia Beach campus. By establishing and nurturing strong relationships with business and workforce development leaders, the Director will ensure programs offered through the Professional Development Center deliver value to results-driven organizations and career-minded individuals.
• Provides leadership for ECPI’s Professional Development Center through planning, developing, marketing and implementing new and existing programs.
• Directs daily operations and supervision of instructional staff, including course development, course registration and budgets.
• Ensures, through direct contact, that students enrolled in Professional Development Center courses receive a high level of customer service, from inquiry to course completion.
• Coordinates master plan for scheduling; and the creation and assessment of institutional effectiveness.
• Helps identify and secure appropriate resources to keep current with vendor/partner lab, courseware and equipment requirements.
• Develop new program offerings through research and relationships with industry partners.
• Develops proposals and negotiates agreements for non-degree program offerings including workforce training opportunities and specialized training.
• Actively participates in community and corporate networking events and meetings.
• Ensures consistency in the delivery of all Professional Development programs.
• Provides fiscal oversight and evaluation.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related concentration.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in workforce development, sales, and program management
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience with and knowledge of adult learning styles and professional training techniques.
• Experience with and knowledge of project management.
• High level relationship building and communication skills.
• Confident, persuasive presentation and negotiation skills.
• Ability to convey complex business opportunities and concepts verbally and written.
• Ability to analyze employment data and trends.
• Ability to assess and respond to economic and workforce conditions and environment.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.