We are seeking Online Electrical Engineering professionals to join our faculty team. As a faculty member, you'll provide practical hands-on instruction through the Canvas LMS in an engaging learning environment, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies in order to enhance the learning experience of our students and achieve learning outcomes. Candidates must be available evenings and weekends to support students.
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or in a related field with 18 graduate semester hours in the discipline from a regionally accredited educational institution; Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering preferred.
• 3-5 years industry experience in electrical or controls engineering field required; 10-15 years career industry experience preferred.
• Industry experience must be within the last 5 years.
• Experience with Microcontroller Programming in Assembly and C
• Familiarity with Multisim, Labview, Matlab and Python preferred
• Mechatronics candidates should have a strong background in control systems, instrumentation and measurements, and mechanical systems
• Appropriate technical certification or licensure (if required.)
• 2 years online teaching/curriculum experience, and strong online webinar presentation skills a plus.
• Canvas LMS experience preferred.
• Experience in a student-centric and hands-on learning environment
• The highest levels of integrity at all times.
• Able to work in a 5 week course accelerated environment
• Approachable and builds rapport quickly
• Attentive listener, and able to see multiple perspectives
• First point of contact to troubleshoot software or technical concerns for students.
• Exemplary interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills.
• Comfortable with technology and its integration in the classroom preferred.
Faculty Technical Requirements:
• Reliable high speed internet required
• Responsible for supplying your own windows based computer and webcam, PC must be current and pass the ECPI University minimum requirements test.
• Required to present two live lectures via Zoom each week
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• A focus on students and academic excellence
• Individualized course tutoring available to all students
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An adult-focused accelerated schedule
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.