The Department of Engineering Technology at ECPI University invites applications for a part-time, non-tenure-track Online teaching position in the School of Engineering Technology in the College of Technology. The successful candidate is expected to teach undergraduate courses and laboratories in Mechanical Engineering Technology and be available evenings and weekends to support online students.
The School of Engineering Technology offers ABET accredited Baccalaureate degree programs in Mechanical Engineering Technology and Electronic Systems Engineering Technology. The Online Department, with an enrollment of more than 600 students, offers faculty the perfect environment to share their industry experience with students through our five weeks long terms.
Faculty members are expected to teach undergraduate courses and labs, based on their experience, in the areas of:
Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or in a related field with 18 graduate semester hours in the discipline from a regionally accredited educational institution; Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
Experience in a student-centric and hands-on learning environment
High levels of integrity
Able to work in a 5 week course accelerated environment
Ability to build rapport quickly
Solid listening skills, approachability, and ability to see multiple perspectives
Faculty Technical Requirements:
• Reliable high-speed internet required
• Responsible for supplying your own windows-based computer and webcam, PC must be current and pass the ECPI University minimum requirements test.
• Required to present two live lectures via Zoom each week
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• A focus on students and academic excellence
• Individualized course tutoring available to all students
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An adult-focused accelerated schedule
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.