This position will be based at our Greensboro, NC campus location
Transform your Career at ECPI University
Since 1966, ECPI University’s dedicated employees have worked tirelessly to help students achieve their goals via hands-on training and career-focused education. Our employees are dynamic, caring professionals ready to make a difference in people’s lives.
With your hard work, ECPI University will provide full-time employees with great benefits including:
If you are seeking a stable work environment, comprehensive training, personal and professional growth opportunities, and job satisfaction knowing your work makes a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you and discuss the opportunity.
The Director of Clinical Development is responsible for:
- Tthe planning, implementation, and renewal of affiliation agreements with all agencies supporting clinical experiences for students.
- Communicating the clinical site requirements to the Directors of Nursing (DON) to include required faculty orientation, facility documentation required and number of students allowed on site.
- Will function as the liaison for the University. This responsibility includes frequent contact with the education coordinators and site supervisors at the clinical facility
- Will ensure that Federal, State and Accrediting agencies’ regulations are met in the clinical practice area by all faculty and students.
• Increase and maintain clinical affiliation agreements to support program enrollment and clinical objectives.
• Support the nursing departments to achieve graduation rates.
• Assist the DONs to monitor and assess quarterly NCLEX passage rates published by the National Council Licensure Examination organization to achieve a targeted rate of 90% or greater pass rate.
Educational Delivery, Content, Accreditation, and Licensure
• Facilitates the student’s clinical experience.
• Work cohesively with the DONs to maintain program documentation to include clinical experiences for the students that align with clinical objectives for each course.
• Serve as a liaison in the clinical area and works closely with the Director of Nursing/faculty to resolve student issues.
• Develop and implement a process for clinical site contracting that ensures successful and long-term working relationships with facilities.
• Evaluate all clinical sites initially for availability of and appropriateness for student clinical experiences.
• Develop relationships, secure contracts and act as a liaison to the hospitals, home health agencies, skilled and intermediate care nursing facilities, adult day care, and child day care sites.
• Evaluate all clinical sites currently utilized each term and as needed to ensure positive relationships.
• Is knowledgeable of each facility’s orientation process, policies and procedures.
• Conduct scheduled and unscheduled clinical visits on weekdays, evenings and weekends at clinical sites for evaluation of clinical site, patient care assignments, and adherence to policies and procedures.
• Assist DONs with evaluating faculty/students on rotation.
• Is knowledgeable about University policies and procedures.
• Meet weekly with the DONs and Campus President to plan for clinical site needs.
• Demonstrate professionalism at all times.
• Accept other assigned duties as necessary.
• Supervise/oversee the maintenance of clinical documentation to demonstrate delivery of clinical hours.
• Assists with and attends graduation ceremony
• Review student policies and handbook for appropriateness and make recommendations to the DONs as needed.
• Make recommendations to the Directors of Nursing for items to include in the budget.
• Maintain professional qualifications through participation in continuing education programs and academic courses.
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.