Transform your Career at ECPI University
Since 1966, ECPI University’s dedicated employees have worked tirelessly to help students achieve their goals via hands-on training and career-focused education. Our employees are dynamic, caring professionals ready to make a difference in people’s lives.
If you are seeking a stable work environment, comprehensive training, personal and professional growth opportunities, and job satisfaction knowing your work makes a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you and discuss the opportunity.
The primary role of the Student Tutor is to support ECPI University’s mission to supplement student learning in the classroom by providing free tutorial services for students. This position requires the employee to have excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt his or her teaching methods to meet the needs of the student, as well as have a desire to see students succeed at the university. The Student Tutor may be required to implement instructional activities in both individual and group tutorial sessions. Specific responsibilities are listed below.
-Tutor specific nursing subjects to individuals or small groups
-Monitor students’ attendance and progress
-Document and communicate student progress
-Refer students to Director of Nursing:
When students do not show for scheduled tutoring sessions
When unsatisfactory progress is noted in tutoring sessions
If additional difficulties are encountered in the tutoring sessions
If tutor suspects student requires additional University resources
-Support and encourage independent learning
-Coordinate meetings and schedules with students as needed
-Serve as a resource for other tutors in the same subject matter
-Complete data entry tasks using required database software (Canvas, Microsoft Teams, Moodle, Excel)
-Participate in education programs for developing teaching techniques and skills
-Perform miscellaneous duties as directed
• Graduated from the PN, RN, BSN or MSN programs, or actively enrolled as a nursing student in nursing at ECPI University and have completed 75% of the program
• Solid academic standing (3.3 cumulative GPA or above required) and demonstrated success in the course to be tutored
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• DON and faculty recommendation
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Must be comfortable providing tutoring services via face-to-face or by using social distancing electronic methods (Zoom, Microsoft Teams).