This in-person position is based at our Newport News, VA campus location.
Transform your Career at ECPI University
Since 1966, ECPI University’s employees have been dedicated to helping students achieve their academic and career goals through our unique education model. Our culture is to prioritize our students’ success through the support of our dynamic team and industry focused curriculum.
ECPI University provides a stable work environment, with professional growth opportunities, and competitive benefits. If you are interested in joining us in making a difference in students’ lives, we would love to hear from you to discuss the opportunity.
Benefits of Employment
ECPI University provides comprehensive benefits for part-time employees or adjunct faculty, some of which are highlighted below:
The lab assistant provides student support through resolving computer problems, answering students’ questions and facilitating communication with the lab instructor. The Lab Assistant reports to the Campus Director of Academic Affairs or his/her designee.
• Assist students with laboratory equipment
• Prepares laboratory spaces as needed. This includes set up of equipment and appropriate sanitization of equipment.
• Be knowledgeable of EET lab assignments offered in the ECPI curriculum so as to effectively assist students with questions and issues.
• Facilitates communication between remote faculty and campus students
• Monitors student attendance in labs and escalates attendance issues to Student Success Coordinator or Campus Director of Academic Affairs
• Assist with academic tutoring of EET students as needed
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) from a regionally accredited Institution
• Current student in a Senior standing pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) from a regionally accredited Institution and in good academic standing
• Preferred 0-1 year experience in relevant EET area
• Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Must be comfortable providing tutoring services via face-to-face or by using social distancing electronic methods (Zoom, Microsoft Teams).
• Possess necessary technical skills.
ECPI University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.